My Relationship to Writing

Facebook private message 11/25/2018

Hey Brian. I'm interested in freelance writing. If I've gathered things correctly, you are a writer, and so I wondered if you may know some reputable sources for me to learn… what niches I could try, who to contact, ways to practice. Any thoughts you have, especially references that are more reliable than I may pick, would be greatly appreciated.

Facebook private response 11/25/2018

Hi Mark,

I’ve never gone solo outside of being a paid staff writer for community newspapers but let me put you in touch with my friend Tom who I know has done some freelance writing....

Comments

  1. Not really. It was a real message and response. I worked on something and it kept getting longer and longer and didn't go anywhere and then I got this message that seemed to en-capsulize my relationship in writing. I've worked for community newspapers long enough that I gained a reputation of being a writer. But I never lived up to my potential nor up to my expectations. I never had the courage or confidence to go out on my own and so now two decades after I graduated with this degree in communications with an emphasis in print journalism I have nothing to offer this guy and instead refer him to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it’s still a great format, and an interesting coincidence.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Policies and Procedures

My Relationship to Writing

Fire and Water